- This event has passed.
Extraordinary River Party
November 16, 2018 at 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Join in on the fun at Columbia Crossing for a cocktail party with drinks, appetizers, and live music between 4 pm and 8 pm.We invite all the friends of the river to Eat, Drink & Give! Join us to enjoy live music from the Dreadnought Brigade Duo who will be serving up ‘feel good’ tunes of blues, rock, and folk. Scrumptious appetizers, beer from Moo-Duck Brewery and Columbia Kettleworks, wine, and B(ike)YO wine slushies will make it a true cocktail hour. Giving stations throughout the party will help us build funds for the river! Each donation given online on Friday, November 16th will be matched dollar-for-dollar from a pool of $8,000, courtesy of the Speedwell Foundation and several generous donors.
When you donate to Susquehanna Heritage during the party, your gift will be matched and you will receive a special gift. For donations of $25 or more, Isaac’s Deli & Restaurant has kindly provided free dessert vouchers. For donations of $50 or more, you can take home a Susquehanna Heritage etched wine glass created by Susquehanna Glass.
Drop in anytime between 4pm and 8pm to celebrate the the thousands of school children, community members and visitors who have been connected to the transformative power of the river. Show your support for the river by giving on Lancaster County’s Largest Day of Giving the Extraordinary Give! Give online at www.extragive.org/organizations/susquehannaheritage or use one our Giving Stations at the party.
Your support allows Susquehanna Heritage to:
- Design and share trail maps for Northwest Lancaster County River Trail, Susquehanna Riverlands corridor, Native Lands Heritage Trail, and Susquehanna Water Trail.
- Guide 30,000 visitors a year at Columbia Crossing and the Zimmerman Center to riverfront adventures.
- Provide riverfront field trips for over 400 local fourth graders including a stream study, history hike, and riverfront ecology walk.
- Lead workshops and lectures relating to river history and environmental stewardship.
- Take over 400 local fifth graders canoeing on the Susquehanna every year.
- Offer hands-on early education activities for local families.
- Support regional initiatives to save and enhance important and iconic river landscapes for public use.
- Collaborate with the National Park Service on America’s first water-based National Historic Trail!
Thanks to generous business sponsors who help make this party awesome!
- November 16, 2018
11:00 am - 3:00 pm