Support Susquehanna Heritage by donating during the ExtraOrdinary Give on Friday, November 16th, 2018. This online giving campaign operated by the Lancaster County Community Foundation stretches every dollar donated at ExtraGive.org with at least $500,000 from the Lancaster County Community Foundation, Rodgers & Associates, The S. Dale High Family Foundation, and our community partners to support the causes you care about.
Your support allows Susquehanna Heritage to:
- Design and share trail maps for Northwest Lancaster County River Trail, Susquehanna Riverlands corridor, Native Lands Heritage Trail, and Susquehanna Water Trail.
- Guide 30,000 visitors a year at Columbia Crossing and the Zimmerman Center to riverfront adventures.
- Provide riverfront field trips for over 400 local fourth graders including a stream study, history hike, and riverfront ecology walk.
- Lead workshops and lectures relating to river history and environmental stewardship.
- Take over 400 local fifth graders canoeing on the Susquehanna every year.
- Offer hands-on early education activities for local families.
- Support regional initiatives to save and enhance important and iconic river landscapes for public use.
- Collaborate with the National Park Service on America’s first water-based National Historic Trail!